1. ACCESS OBJECTIVE PEER LIMIT BENCHMARKING DATA:
We recommend the 2023 NASDAQ D&O Benchmarking Report. To access this report or learn more about the data
provided, visit: the 2023 D&O Benchmarking Report – Insider Insights
2. COMPARE PEER BENCHMARKING TO ACTUAL CLAIMS DATA:
Here at BRP, we believe that objective third party peer benchmarking data only tells half the story. We ask: How have previous securities class actions actually settled for companies of comparable size and industry?
For a fully customized analysis of claims scenarios, risk factors, and historical settlement outcomes for your company, please email our team.
3. SEPARATE YOURSELF FROM THE HERD
The BRP Management Liability team strongly recommends hosting a D&O underwriter call with a total of between 30-50 D&O underwriters, all of whom specialize in the Public D&O space. The benefits of such a call include, but are not limited to:
- Generate a personal connection with the underwriting community so they are underwriting not just on what they read in the filings. These personal relationships are also beneficial in the event of a claim.
- Limit the need for underwriters to require additional information for their quotes, thus streamlining the binding process.
- Take advantage of the competitive influences in the marketplace, as the underwriters will see their competitors across the proverbial table.
4. WORK WITH A BROKER THAT IS TRULY AN ADVOCATE
The BRP Management Liability team does not:
- Sell our client’s renewal information to a subset of the underwriters, thus generating a ‘pay-to-play’ environment.
- Make a practice of only solicitating incumbent carriers for the renewal. At every renewal, new carriers will be interested in writing your risk and thus get a better result, even with incumbents.