providing global risk guidance
Comprehensive risk management for the IADO space is more than just buzzwords and what you see in the news. Our team has years of in-depth understanding and a focus on international risk — enabling them to speak fluently about global risk management to better help safeguard your organization.
Our foundation is insurance and we’ve solidified relationships with carriers and underwriters to make sure when we market your organization to them, they take the time to listen to us and truly understand YOUR risks instead of lumping you into a generic category of risk.
our approach to iado risk management
International Aid and Development Organizations (IADO) make a substantial impact in the world — an impact that is deeply respected by the members of our team and BRP as a firm. Our team’s mission is to give organizations the time and resources to focus on their mission by understanding your known risks, preparing for unknown risks and managing them to safeguard your people and your organization.
risk management for your organization
- Review current security, emergency response and crisis management plans, procedures and resources
- Provide ongoing updates about developments in the risk environment at the global, regional and country levels
- Maximize the effectiveness of internal systems and external resources, including medical and political evacuation services, special risk response providers, etc.
- Recommend enhancements to align with community best practice
- Facilitate a comprehensive risk review with key management
brokerage for your needs
- Review current program to identify areas of overlap and potential gaps
- Recommend lines of coverage based on your organization’s risk exposure, risk tolerance and best practices
- Communicate your “risk story” to carriers to secure appropriate coverage at best possible rates
- Market policies and identify carriers best aligned with organization’s risk profile
- Evaluate in-country insurance needs
- Coordinate claims to ensure appropriate policies are engaged and advocating on the organization’s behalf
discover the benefits of travel insurance
innovating for you
frequently asked questions
Our IADO advisors guide you and get you the coverage you need. Put the focus on your travel, not on the “what ifs” — that’s our job. The battleface Discovery plan offers a variety of valuable benefits to protect your trip investment and give you peace of mind before and during the trip. Also, the Discovery plan is completely customizable, so you pay only for the benefits you need.
Do we have any questions for IADO?
As the U.S. State Department notes, “many foreign medical facilities and providers require cash payment up front and do not accept U.S. insurance plans. Medicare does not provide coverage outside of the United States.”1
When you have travel insurance with emergency medical benefits, it can pay for losses due to covered medical and dental emergencies that occur during your trip. Emergency medical transportation benefits can pay for medically necessary transportation to the nearest appropriate medical facility, as well as the cost of getting you home following a covered injury or illness. The Allianz Global Assistance hotline staff may even be able to arrange payment in advance for covered emergency medical care. The upshot: When you’re wondering “is travel insurance worth it?”, weigh the small cost of buying insurance against the massive costs of a medical emergency overseas.
Travel insurance covers a number of travel-related risks, from flight cancellations to lost bags to medical emergencies. The dollar amount of your coverage depends on the policy you bought and where and when you bought it. Most travel insurance providers offer several different policies to choose from, with higher or lower levels of coverage and higher or lower prices to match.